The funding practices of the German Foundation for Peace Research are based on the following fundamental objectives, from which the funding criteria for the projects are derived:
• The funded research shall produce innovative and scientifically grounded findings on central questions of peace and conflict studies.
• The Foundation supports scientific networking and cooperation between academic disciplines and organisations as well as the qualification of young and talented scientists.
• The Foundation promotes the dissemination of research findings into political practice and into the public.
The conditions of funding are summarized in the Principles for the Funding of scientific projects that inform on
• the relevant thematic framework for funded research (preamble)
• the different funding options and funding modalities
• the review and decision making process
• the fundamental and additional funding criteria
The Foundation offers various guidelines that should facilitate the preparation of research proposals.